1.16.2011

Real questions sent by readers of Ask Marilyn

Q. As I travel the highways, I notice signs that read "Deer Crossing." How do the deer know to cross at those signs?

Q. Why are the Three Musketeers always depicted with swords? Why not muskets?

Q. Why do the eyes of life-size cardboard figures of people appear to watch and follow you as you pass by?

Q. I heard that the Earth's magnetic poles are reversing. Wil the strip in my credit card still work? Will my refrigerator repel magnets?

Q. Why do eggs not taste like chickens?

Q. Do I have more of chance of catching a cold if I am chewing gum and blowing bubbles? In other words, can airborne germs be caught by my bubble and then ingested after it has deflated and the gum is back in my mouth?

Q. The city of Toledo is urging its residents to lose weight to the tune of one million pounds. With that much weight exiting our planet from such a small location, could it alter the Earth's orbit around the sun?

Q. In the movies, when someone gets out of a car at nigh, why doesn't the dome light ever go on?

Q. I notices that global warming increased after daylight savings time in 1974. Well, duh! More daylight is going to make the world hotter, isn't it?

Q. If a persons on television held up a mirror facing a camera, could someone at home see his reflection in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment